Overall, I found Flixxo to be unworthy as a video platform. You can watch my entire video above, but for the TL;DR, here are my main pros and cons.
- Nice interface
- The design is a lot like Netflix’s layout and is easy to look at
- Videos play well and load quickly
- Nice branding
- Ethereum based, ERC-20 token called Flixx
- Fast transactions
- Pays you to watch ads
- Poor security. As a user, you don’t control your wallet keys for the cryptocurrency you’d be earning on the platform, only a plaintext password. On that basis alone, I can’t recommend it for anyone, let alone creators who would become dependent upon the platform. Users MUST have control over their keys.
- No two factor authentication with Google Auth or Authy
- Poor and extremely vague terms of service
- Videos subject to deletion from central authority
- Collects and distributes user data to advertisers
- No YouTube Sync to help make the shift to the platform
- No web based interface